Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Boston Moving Day

September 1, as I mentioned yesterday, is unofficial Moving Day in Boston. Today when I went out for my lunchtime walk, I saw U-Hauls and Ryder trucks and other vans and cars double-parked or looking for a parking space. I work in the South End, where supposedly more vehicles with resident parking stickers exist than there are parking places for those vehicles. There are some beautiful homes in the South End, red-brick row houses with rounded fronts, wrought-iron railings, and tiny, neat gardens. I was thinking as I walked yesterday that living in one of these buildings might be nice - but even if by some miracle I could afford it, I'm too old to compete for parking spaces! Too set in my ways, at least; I feel I deserve a parking space reserved especially for me. The one in my driveway works fine - although last night when I turned into my driveway, the neighbor's gray cat was stretched out in my parking space. My cat Peaches was talking to him from the safety of the window. I can't tell if they're friends or enemies. Gray Cat got up and stalked away, annoyed.

No comments: