Saturday, February 27, 2010

All the wrong people got eliminated on AI

...which is one reason I've been in no hurry to update. Also, I've been watching the Olympics. Women's figure skating overlapped with the results show, so I didn't record it and still haven't watched it. I have, however, checked up on Entertainment Weekly for the results, and I am feeling very discouraged about this season of American Idol. You have to wonder what goes on behind the scenes.

Well, I don't want to linger on the results; it's too depressing to realize that I'll have to endure another week of Lacey Brown and Tim Urban. Here's what went down:

Girls eliminated: Ashley Rodriguez and Janell Wheeler.

Okay, neither of them sang very well, and I was never sure Janell belonged in the Top 24. But Lacey Brown's contribution to the evening couldn't even be called singing. Although, come to think about it, Stevie Nicks probably had to endure worse when she sang with Taylor Swift on the Grammies...Ashley fell victim to a poor song choice, "Happy" by Leona Lewis. I have no idea what possessed her to do that song. There are a lot of songs I like, too, that I'd never sing in public. Take "Landslide", for example. But enough about Lacey Brown...

Boys eliminated: Tyler Grady and Joe Muñoz.

Joe got the first smile out of me all evening when I listened to the boys' performances. How could they send him home? I can't come up with any rationale for that except some kind of prejudice against Mexicans. I am completely baffled by this extremely stupid and cruel turn of events.

And as for 70s Boy? We were going to be bidding adieu to him soon enough. I won't miss him. But I'd far rather endure more of his odd wardrobe choices than another set of Jermaine Sellers' bizarre outfits.

This season had better shape up fast. Right now, I'd rather watch curling on the Olympics.

No comments: