Friday, March 5, 2010

Results show - this week they got it right

Every year in my American Idol blog I say I don't watch results shows because they're boring, and they take 2 minutes of information and drag it out over an hour. So last night I watched it with the remote in my hand, ready to fast-forward over the totally unnecessary parts. Got through the whole thing in around 15 minutes.

My predictions for which boys would get eliminated were 100% accurate, I'm delighted to say. John Park and Jermaine Sellers were sent home. They won't be missed.

I was 1 for 2 on the girls, sort of. The first girl eliminated was Michelle what's-her-name, a singer so forgettable that I forgot all about her when I was choosing losers. (I had to look her up to discover her last name is Delamor. Or at least that's what I put down yesterday.) She sang a Creed song I didn't know (or at least didn't recognize), and I really didn't have enough information to come to any kind of a decision about her performance. She won't be missed, because I never remembered she was there in the first place.

And the second girl eliminated was not Lacey Brown. Again. Sigh. It was the charming sixteen-year-old Haeley Vaughn, who really isn't ready for American Idol. I will miss her big smile and the huge fake flowers she wears in her hair. In a few years, this girl will be someone to be reckoned with.

No comments: