Saturday, September 8, 2007

Little update

Why am I so sleepy today? I keep dozing off on the couch, where I've been sitting with my bad knee elevated. It's ninety-something outside, and my little cat Zoe is stretched out in the sunny patch on the carpet - what is it about cats and sunshine, even on the hottest days? I have the air conditioning on, and I'm very comfortable. Apparently, so is Zoe. I'm just trying to forgive myself for falling asleep and dozing away the afternoon. Cats never worry about sleeping too much.

All week long I get up at 5:30 a.m. and go off to work. I go to bed at about 10 p.m., often later, and this past four-day week I had trouble falling asleep most nights. I had at least one four-hour night. That'd be part of the problem, I guess. I'm the coordinator for two medical-school courses (three during spring term), and since classes are starting, it's required a lot of coordinating. No wonder I'm tired. There was a picture of three of our first-year medical students in the Boston Globe today! The White Coat Ceremony, in which incoming medical students receive their short white lab coats, was yesterday.

Thursday night our handbell choir season kicked off. During the rest of the year, we'll meet on Wednesdays, but this one time we met on the same night as the singing choir so that we could practice a piece together to perform on Sunday. That's why I didn't have a spare minute to write on Thursday. And Friday? No excuses; I just didn't write.

No comments: