Friday, February 27, 2009

American Idol: Second 3 Finalists

I hate results shows. They manipulate 30 seconds' worth of information into an hour (42 minutes plus commercials, whatever). So I taped it and watched it after the fact. I fast-forwarded through all the boring group numbers and Ryan Seacrest's endless babbling, to get to the meat of the matter.

First qualifier was no surprise: Allison Iraheta. The pinkish-haired teenager recapped her performance of "Alone", and I listened to the whole thing. I'm a big fan already, although (I sound like my mother!) I wish she'd get rid of the bizarre hair color... I was bummed when they called up Jesse Langseth with her, because it was perfectly obvious which one of them was going to make it through. I like Jesse, too, and she didn't even get the third-place spot. It went to...

Kris Allen. Sigh. He's the one who played air guitar all through his performance of a (shudder) Michael Jackson song, "Man in the Mirror". I didn't watch his recap. He's going to have to do a hell of a lot better to make me a fan.

Aaaaaaaand...... the final placement went to Adam Lambert. No surprise there. He's just spectacular. He far outshines everybody else I've heard so far this season. In fact, I think they should just hand him a record contract and let the other people have a genuine competition.

There will still be three wild-card spots, of course. Unfortunately, there are more than three people who deserve to be brought back. Last week there were Ricky Braddy and Anoop Desai. This week, we have Mishavonna Henson and Jesse Langseth. Well, Mishavonna can always come back next year. She's still very young. So give it to Jesse already!

No comments: