Thursday, May 14, 2009

American Idol Update: Bye Bye, Danny!

Let me restate my opinion: American Idol's Top Two should be Adam Lambert and Allison Iraheta. That not being the case, I knew there would have to be a choice between Kris Allen and Danny Gokey.

Checking over my earlier blog entries, I've determined the number of times I actually liked Danny Gokey:
  • Top 36, when he did Mariah Carey's "Hero." Funny, I can't even remember that now.

  • Top 9, iTunes Top Download Week, when he did Rascal Flatts' "What Hurts the Most."

  • And, oddly enough, Top 5, Rat Pack Standards, when he did "Come Rain or Come Shine". I said his was the best performance of the night. I didn't download it, though, although I did download Allison Iraheta's performance (I wanted the free autographed picture!).
Okay, how often did I like Kris Allen over these weeks?
  • Top 9, iTunes Top Download Week, when he did "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers.

  • Top 7, Take 2, when he performed "She Works Hard for the Money" by Donna Summer. I liked his take on it, and I commented that it was the best he'd ever done.

  • Top 5, Rat Pack Standards, when he did "The Way You Look Tonight". I said: "Kris Allen continues to surprise me. He's one singer who has improved as the competition has gone on."

  • I basically liked his performance of "Come Together" on Top 4 Week. He took some risks.

  • And last, but far from least, this week, when he did Kanye West's "Heartless." That one I'll be downloading.
Kris has steadily improved over the competition, and he's impressed me more as the season has gone on. I don't think he can beat Adam Lambert, but he can certainly give him a run for his money. He was the right choice of the two of them. And fortunately, America got it right. Next week should be very, very entertaining!!!

No comments: