Thursday, May 20, 2010

AI9: Too Nervous to Watch

I taped the American Idol results show last night, as I do every Wednesday. I'm usually out at a handbell choir rehearsal, but it was canceled last night and I was home, so I tuned in - and knew immediately that I couldn't stand the tension of waiting until the very end to find out if insanity would prevail and my favorite - MY next American Idol, Crystal Bowersox - would somehow not make it through. So we watched something else until after 10. Then I fast-forwarded through the show and saw Casey James sitting on the stage singing "Daughters", clutching a little girl who looked enough like him to be his daughter. (Maybe she was, but I was guessing she was more apt to be his niece.)

So my favorite, Crystal Bowersox, goes to the finals with the judges' favorite, Lee DeWyze, or David Cook Lite, as I think of him. I'm so relieved that Crystal's still here; I just got a little sick of the judges' pimping of Lee this week. Crystal will have to be on her A game next week to carry through, if they continue to stack the deck against her.

No comments: